«PART B 1. Activities reflecting the goals and objectives of the institution: In pursuit of the Vision and Mission of the institution, this year also ...»
New world without Aids guest lecture by Tmty. Thirumalai selvi, Virutchem NGO on 10.09.09.
NSS-Girls units have conducted many programmes on Yoga, Meditation, MehandiDrawing, Nutritious food and Disciplining the Mind.
33. Performance in sports activities:
1. Our college athlete K.Balamurugan I M.Com got IIIrd place in state level mini marathon held at Kamaraj College, Tuticorin on 2-10-09. and got 2gms Gold coin
2. Our college athletes got the following position in M.K.University athletic Meet.
3. Our college Weight Lifters got over all runners up and got following position in M.K.U Weight Lifting competition held at S.B.K. College Aruppukottai on 9-12-09.
4. Our college Tennis team got runners up in M.K.U Tennis match held on 10-12-09 at MKU Madurai.
1. The following players were selected to represent TAMILNADU TEAM and Participated in NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITION in various games and sports.
UNIVERSITY BLUESThe following players were selected to represent MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY and participated in All India Inter University Tournaments in various games and sports.
34. Incentives to outstanding sports persons:
1. To encourage students who shine Our college management sanctioned amount towards fee concession and mess concession for outstanding sports students in this academic year.
2. Provided uniforms to all the teams participating in all tournaments
3. Provided health drinks to the students
35. Student achievements and awards:
Rank holders in University Examinations April- 2009
36. Activities of the Guidance and Counselling unit:
1. Personality Development Cell This cell takes care of the students’ skills which are expected during the placements.
Since many of the students come from the rural area, the institution feels the lapse of these skills in student community. As a result, apart from offering the communication skills through Language lab, special sessions are arranged to improve the personality development. The various activities both theoretical and practical oriented are listed
NET coaching classes were conducted in our college. The final PG students of various disciplines and those teachers who compete for the Lecturership attended the training program for thirty days. Experts from all disciplines were engaged in this academic affair.
Materials were also given to the participants.
39. Best practices of the institution
1. The management has appointed sufficient number of staff as many permanent vacancies remain vacant, not filled up by the Government. The management has incurred an additional expenditure of Rs.10,47,699/- in this regard.
2. In order to provide the campus with uninterrupted power supply 2 numbers of RAPower Genset were purchased at the cost of Rs.11,27,235/Guest room was modernized in the college campus at the cost of Rs.4,50,311.50
4. The EPF contribution by the management has been extended to all Self funded -Regular staff of our college. The management contributed Rs,4,68,915/- towards this in the year 2009-2010.
5. To help the employee’s family who died in an accident, the management has contributed Rs.2,30,000/To provide 3 MBPS -high speed internet facility to all the departments, the management has spent Rs.3,26,462/- in the last year.
7. Incentives worth Rs.1,97,875/- has been given to the Teaching and Non-Teaching staff of our college as a token of appreciation for their outstanding performances in the academic works.
8. To conduct various practicals in the laboratories, the management has contributed Rs.6,81,654/- to purchase chemicals.
9. To encourage research, the management has spent Rs.1,38,883/To encourage students in sports activities, the management offered fee concession to the outstanding players in various games and sports and also incentives to the tune of Rs.31,831/To improve the quality of the students, special coaching classes were organized at the cost of Rs.45, 840/-.
12. To encourage the meritorious students, the management has contributed Rs.1,28,998/- to make gold medals.
40. Linkages developed with National / International, academic /Research bodies
41. Any other relevant information the institution wishes to add:
Due to the support and encouragement of the management, many of the faculty members have undertaken research. There are eight research departments in the college which offer full time and part time research programmes to scholars from both the faculty of our college and the scholars and teachers from outside our institution. The Degree of Doctor of
Philosophy has been awarded to eight of our faculty members in this academic year:
External Examiners in Ph.D VIVA It is a prestige and honour to our institution that our academic faculties are going to conduct the PhD viva voce examinations in other institutions in other states. These sorts of academic visits to neighbouring institutions would enhance their status and quality.
Dr.P.Sundarapandian of Commerce Department has acted as an external examiner at Government College, Tirupur Dr.N.Raman of Chemistry Department has acted as an External examiner at Anna University, Chennai.
Dr.R.Neelamegam of Management studies Department has acted as an External examiner at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore College Sadhana - a multidisciplinary journal Under the auspices of our College Managing Board, the research committee successfully launched a bi-annual multidisciplinary research Journal, “College Sadhana” in August 2008 with International Standard Serial Number ISSN 0974-6838, issued by National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources, New Delhi. It is designed especially with an international standard. It is biannual and it comes during the months of February and August.
The journal brings out exclusively research based articles both in arts and science subjects, edited by an editorial board of elite scholars from reputed colleges and universities of India and abroad. International scholars also have contributed articles to this journal.
Faculty Members as Resource Persons :
Department of English Dr.G.Baskaran acted as the Resource person and delivered guest lecture on 'Barriers of • Communication' at MSP Nadar College of Education on 16.02.2010.
Dr.J.Samuel Kirubahar seved as subject-expert in the UGC sponsored Refresher course in • English organized by the Department of English and Comparative Literature, M.K.University, Madurai on 10.02.2010.
Dr.G.Baskaran acted as the Resource person in the UGC sponsored refresher course in • English held at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore on 06.02.2010.
Dr.J.Samuel Kirubahar seved as subject-expert in the UGC sponsored Refresher course in • English organized by the Department of English and Comparative Literature, M.K.University, Madurai on 02.02.2010.
Dr.G.Baskaran acted as the Resource person at Fluency Eyeopener 2010 at Syed • Hameedha Arts & Science College, Kilakarai on 28.01.2010.
Dr.G.Baskaran acted as the Resource person in the Fluency Eye Opener 2010 programme • conducted by Department of English, Syed Hameedha Arts & Science College, Kilakarai on 23.01.2010 Dr.A.K.Muthusamy acted as the Resource person in 'Fluency Eye Opener 2010' at Syed • Hameedia Arts & Science College, Kilakarai on 18 & 19.01.2010 Dr.G.Baskaran acted as the Resource person for the seminar 'Communication: Need of a • Language' held at Madurai Sivakasi Nadars Pioneer Meenakshi Women's College, Poovanthi on 09.10.2009 Dr.G.Baskaran, acted as Resource person in the seminar held at St.Xavier's College, • Palayamkottai on 30.09.2009 Dr.G.Baskaran, acted as the Resource person in the State Level seminar on 'The • Expatriate Indian Writing in English' held at The Madura College, Madurai on 25.09.2009 Department of Economics Dr.E.Narayanan Nadar acted as resource person and delivered guest lecture on 'Where • does India Stand?," in a state level seminar held at Mannar Thirumalai Naicker College,Madurai on 30.03.2010 T.Vijayakumar acted as a resource person in the 3 days workshop on Review of • Literature and Application of Statistics organised by IQAC,VHNSN College,Virudhunagar from 10 to 12th December 2009.
Department of Physics
D.N.Suresh delivered a guest lecture on the topic 'Photography' at A.K.D Dharma Raja • Women's COllege,Rajapalayam on 17.02.2010 Dr.N.Jeyakumaran delivered a lecture on 'Engery Conservation and Renewable Energy' • at Yadava College, Virudhunagar on 18.12.2009 S.Rajasingh, acted as a Resource person in the TNSCHE sponsored 'Inservice Training • Programme for Secondary Grade Science Teachers' held at VHNSN College,Virudhunagar from 14.12.09 to 18.12.09 Dr.N.Prithivikumaran, acted as a Resource person in the TNSCHE sponsored 'Inservice • Training Programme for Secondary Grade Science Teachers' held at VHNSN College,Virudhunagar from 14.12.09 to 18.12.09 Dr.N.Jeyakumaran acted as Chief Guest in the Science Exibition held at P.Devasakayam • Annathayammal Higher Secondary School, chinniahpuram on 9.10.2009 D.N.Suresh delivered a guest lecture on the topic 'How to Print Photos?' at SFR College • for women, Sivakasi on 24.09.09 D.N.Suresh delivered a guest lecture on photography at Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi • on 14.09.2009.
Dr.N.Jeyakumaran delivered a guest lecture on Nano physics at Devanga Arts Colelge, • Aruppukottai on 03.09.2009 Dr.N.Jeyakumaran acted as Resource person in the seminar on 'Global Warming and • Renewable Energy' in Pope's College, Sawyerpuram on 26.08.09 R.Suriyakala acted as a judge for the Science Feast'09 held at KVS • Mat.School,Virudhunagar on 16.08.09 Dr.N.Prithivikumaran delivered a special lecture on 'Nano Sciences' at VVV College for • women, Virudhunagar on 7.08.2009.
Dr.N.Jeyakumaran acted as Judge in the Quiz competition held at KVS old boys • association, Virudhunagar on 16.07.2009 Dr.N.Jeyakumaran delivered guest lecture on 'Global Warming and Solar energy' held at • Sri Kaliswari College,Sivakasi on 15.07.2009 N.Jeyakumaran delivered a guest lecture on Energy physics at D.A.College, Aruppukottai • on 20.03.09 Department of Botany Dr.S.Muthuramkumar delivered a gest lecture on Bio-Diversity in Environmental studies • at Departmentof Commerce, VHNSN College,Virudhunagar on 14.09.2010 Dr.K.Rajarathinam delivered a guest lecture at UG & PG Biochemistry association held • at VVV College for women on 01.02.2010 G.Premkumar acted as a resource person and trainer in the one day workshop on 'Know • how of Growing Mushrooms' organised by VVV College for women, Virudhunagar on 01.02.2010 Dr.S.Muthuramkumar delivered a gest lecture about an art of food preservation and • preparing Nutritious food in Proper Quality for Noon Meal organisers, cooks and Cook assistants Training programme conducted by Virudhunagar Panchayat Union office,Virudhunagar on 23.02.2010 Dr.A.Rajendran acted as a chief guest in 9th Hostel Day celebration of Sri Kaliswari • College,Sivakasi on 28.02.2010 Dr.A.Rajendran acted as a chief guest in the inauguration ceremony of 'BIO-REX' • organised by department of Biotechnology, Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Arts & Science College, Krishnankoil on 03.02.2010 G.Premkumar acted as judge for the Science Feast 2009 held at K.V.S.Matriculation • Higher Secondary School, Virudhunagar on 16.08.2009.
Department of Computer Science K.Arunadevi acted as Resource person in TNSCST sponsored Inservice Training • Programme for Secondary Grade Science Teachers organised by Department of Chemistry,VHNSN College,Virudhunagar from 14.12.09 to 18.12.09 Dr.T.Kathirvalavakumar acted as Resource person in TNSCST sponsored Inservice • Training Programme for Secondary Grade Science Teachers organised by Department of Chemistry,VHNSN College,Virudhunagar from 14.12.09 to 18.12.09 Dr.T.Kathirvalavakumar acted as Resource person in the one day Intercollegiate • Technical Seminar and workshop on 'Recent Trends in IT' held at SFR College for women, Sivakasi on 05.09.09 Dr.T.Kathirvalavakumar Acted as a Chair Person for the Session-Computer Intelligence • at the National Conference on Computer Intelligence and Image Processing held at ANJA College,Sivakasi on 07.08.09 Department of Business Administration R.Ayyamperumal acted as a Resource person for the MAT coachinf programme organised by DA • College,Arupukottai on 13.02.2010.
R.Ayyamperumal acted as a Resource person for UGC NET Coaching VHNSN College.