«Australia’s Premier Black Tie Charity Event PINKTANKEVENTS.COM.AU WHAT IS THE ROYAL QUEENSBURY CHAMPIONSHIP? The modern day Australian Royal ...»
Australia’s Premier Black Tie Charity Event
WHAT IS THE ROYAL QUEENSBURY CHAMPIONSHIP?
The modern day Australian Royal Queensbury Championship, loosely based on the time honoured “Queensberry Rules” derived in
London in 1743, has been created, and enhanced by Pink Tank Events for three key reasons;
1. The Challenge: It takes corporate Australia out of their comfort zone and provides them with an intense, emotional challenge, in a safe environment, that is life changing on a multitude of levels.
2. The Entertainment: It has been proven that there is no “top-end of town”, black tie event quite like this one. It’s near impossible to replicate the constant excitement; from the participants’ grand entrances to watching your colleagues rise to never imagined heights. All of this in a setting worthy of an international, world-title event.
3. The Charity: To raise money for Australia’s sick and disadvantaged children through children’s charity ToyBox International. There is nothing like asking people to put their hands their pockets when they are having a great time.
At each event 20 brave corporate boxers, male and female, with no previous fighting experience, 10 weeks of training under their belts, jump into the ring in front of 1200 of the city’s A-Listers, media and sports lovers.
Red carpet arrival, Champagne, the finest cuisine, unique entertainment of 10 bouts and 20 competitors, brothers, sisters, friends, colleagues, 3 by 2 min intense rounds, entrances worthy of Apollo Creed and Rocky Balboa, glamorous entourage, sometimes blood, always sweat and tears.
PARTICIPANT OR SPECTATOR, IT DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER.
SAFETY IS NUMBER ONEThe Royal Queensbury Championship is entering its eighth year in Australia and has now hosted 140 boxers in 70 bouts. No one has been seriously injured. Just some bruises, to serve as battle scars for the week following.
The spirit amongst the boxers, the obvious care for peers and opponents alike, is a noticeable attribute in all of our competitors to date. Experienced boxers are not permitted.
The training program is conducted over 10 weeks and is supervised by professional fitness coaches and boxing experts. Nutritional and training advice is provided as part of the program.
The safety equipment must be worn at all relevant times. Equipment includes 16oz gloves, mouth guards and head-gear. All competitors must have an approved professional boxing made-to-measure mouth guard and approved footwear.
The Pink Tank Events management must approve every match up. Advice is collated from the boxing and fitness coaches to create equal and fair match ups.
A professional boxing referee and three professional judges will oversee the 10 bouts. Qualified sports medical staff will supervise them at all times.
All fights are officially sanctioned by Boxing WA Inc. All competitors must supply an approved medical from their GP prior to fight night and must pass a medical by the Boxing WA GP prior to stepping in the ring.
THIS IS A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY FOR ONLY 20 PEOPLE AT EACH YEAR.
ALL PRECAUTIONS MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY TO ENSURE IT REMAINS A WONDERFUL
OPPORTUNITY FOR YEARS TO COME. REMEMBER ALL CONTACT SPORTS HAVE RISKS.
MODERN AUSTRALIAN ROYAL QUEENSBURY CHAMPIONSHIP RULES
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF OUR MODERN GAME HAVE BEEN MODIFIED FROM THEIR
ORIGINAL, TO GUARANTEE THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING, ADRENALIN PUMPING FUN THAT YOU
CAN POSSIBLY HAVE. AND NO ONE GETS HURT.
1. To be a fair stand-up boxing match in a 24-foot (7.3 m) ring, or as near that size as practical
2. No wrestling or hugging allowed
3. Three rounds to be of two minutes duration, and one minute’s time between rounds
4. If either boxer falls through weakness or otherwise, he must get up unassisted, 10 seconds to be allowed for them to do so, the other boxer is meanwhile to return to their corner, and when the fallen boxer is on his legs the round is to be resumed and continued until the two minutes have expired. If one boxer fails to prove their ability to continue in the 10 seconds allowed, it shall be in the power of the referee to give his award in favour of the other boxer
5. No coaches, corner men or any other person to be allowed in the ring during the rounds
6. The gloves are to be 16oz boxing gloves must be new for each boxer and are to be supplied by Pink Tank Events
7. Should any protective gear fail, burst or come off, it must be replaced to the referee’s satisfaction
8. A boxer on one knee is considered down and if struck is entitled to the stakes
9. Professional boxing shoes must be worn at all times in the ring
10. The supplied boxing clothing kit must be worn during the entirety of the bout
11. Have the time of your life!
HOW THE BOUTS ARE SCORED:
• Royal Queensbury Championship employs the electronic amateur scoring system
• In all bouts an electronic computer scoring system will be used
• Three sanctioned Boxing WA judges will be scoring each bout
• In order to score a point the boxer must strike their opponent within the scoring zone, with the tip of the glove with significant force • 2 out of 3 judges must register a score for a point to be registered
• All scores will be electronically calculated following the last round
THE RULES OF TODAY HAVE THEIR DIFFERENCES TO TRADITIONAL ROYAL QUEENSBURY
CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT REMAINS SAFE, CHALLENGING AND HONOURABLE.
WHO IS PINK TANK EVENTS?
DO YOU GET THE FEELING THAT ALL BLACK TIE CHARITY EVENTS ARE STARTING TOSEEM SAME OLD… ENTER Pink Tank Events and a new approach to luxury events. Australian businessman Troy Barbagallo formed Pink Tank Events with a goal to create unique and exciting experiences in the corporate events world.
LUXURY BRANDS AND EXPERIENCES
Pink Tank Events (PTE) owns the Miss Universe Western Australian Preliminary and The Royal Queensbury Championship and have partnered in events with numerous luxury brands including the likes of Box Magazine, Sunseeker Australia, Tiffany & Co, GH Mumm, Champagne, U-Boat Italia, Ferrari and Maserati.
BEST CORPORATE LUXURY NETWORK IN AUSTRALIAPTE has an extensive database of luxury consumers throughout Australia due to their relationship with Box Magazine, Sunseeker Australia and ToyBox International.
The 2015 Royal Queensbury Championship series follows the recent success of PTE’s WA campaign in 2014, whereby they had another sell out of 1240 attendees, 20 fighters, 10 main events and the state’s best luxury goods charity auction. ToyBox raised in excess of $250,000 net profit at the 2014 Royal Queensbury Championship, bringing the event total raised to date over the $1million mark. The PTE team has exciting plans already in place for 2015 and invites you to join them in creating unique events in the future.
“Pink Tank Events take a bow...” - Di Bauwens, Social Writer for The West Australian
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE
WE INVITE YOU AND YOUR COMPANY TO GET INVOLVED IN THE 2014 ROYAL QUEENSBURY
CHAMPIONSHIP AS A COMPETITOR.
Step outside your comfort zone, get super fit, impress your colleagues and friends. Enjoy amazing media and promotional coverage for your business or sponsor and raise much needed funds for children in need.
BE A PART OF THE GREATEST EVENT IN AUSTRALIA IN 2015Only 20 brave contestants will be able to accept this challenge and opportunity of a lifetime.
PINK TANK EVENTS WILL PROVIDE:
• 10 week program of professional boxing & fitness training
• Nutritional and training advice
• Protective gear including gloves, head-gear, wraps and bag
• Assistance with choreography for your amazing entrance
• Personalised invitations to encourage your supporters to attend
• Two Tables (one row three and one row four) including three course meal and beverage package
• Extremely prominent company recognition throughout event
• Full length, professional video of the evening’s entertainment
• All bouts professionally photographed
• Full boxer profile in event program including sponsor recognition
• The opportunity to challenge a colleague, a competitor or even a sibling
• Memories you will never forget, this will dominate conversations for years Bout victors receive a genuine Royal Queensbury Championship Belt, worth fighting for. All competitors receive a participation belt.
WE NEED YOU!
LAWYERS, DOCTORS, DENTISTS, RECEPTIONISTS, PAS, EAS, ACCOUNT MANAGERS, CEOS,
DESIGNERS, SALES PEOPLE, STOCK BROKERS, MALES, FEMALE, ACCOUNTANTS, BANKERS,YOUNG, OLD, FIT OR UNFIT.
THE INVESTMENT $11,000 +GST This page is labelled Investment for the reason that it is without question the best “bang for your buck” marketing investment you and your company will come across.
• Amazing PR and marketing opportunities surround this event
• Your closest friends and family will have new found admiration
• By stepping in the ring you have already won for putting your hand up. You have also enabled ToyBox kids to be a huge winner
• Staff relations and camaraderie will noticeably increase, as your team rallies around the company pugilist
• Highly visible and audible recognition on the night including your personalised boxing kit to fight in, featuring your sponsor logo
• The opportunity to entertain key staff and / or clients in a unique and exciting, luxury environment
• Branding on eight mega screens, in the event program, on your boxer’s clothing boxing kit and verbal recognition from MC
• Public perception of philanthropy and bravery for your company and staff member / boxer
• Exposure many times greater than the investment amount
• You will avoid the disappointment and regret of not being involved
• The sponsorship includes two tables (one row three and one row four) tables are upgradable and additional tables are available Contact Pink Tank Events NOW to register your interest as places always fill fast.
WHERE AND WHENEVENT
CROWN PERTH’S GRAND BALLROOMFRIDAY MAY 8, 2015 BOXERS CALL TIME FROM APPROX 3PM, EVENT KICK OFF 6:15PM
INFORMATION NIGHT | PRE TRAINING BRIEFINGTUESDAY FEB 17, 2015 7PM / LOCATION TBA This will be an information session prior to training commencing. Kits will also be distributed to the boxing group. Please have your forms in well before to make sure you are kept up to date on all details.
TRAINING COMMENCES MONDAY FEB 23, 2015 THROUGH TO THE EVENT
HURT LOCKER BOXING GYM, CLAREMONTTraining schedule TBA but will include a wide variety of days and times to allow for all to attend plenty of sessions weekly.
OFFICIAL WEIGH INTUESDAY MAY 5, 2015 7PM TBA
THE LAST SUPPER | CARB UP DINNER TOGETHER PRE EVENTTHURSDAY MAY 7, 2015 / LOCATION AND TIME TBA
PRESENTATION VIDEO NIGHT | AFTER PARTYFRIDAY MAY 22, 2015 6.30PM / LOCATION TBA
THE COMMITMENTEverybody who chooses to take on this challenge generally already knows what commitment is all about. It seems to be a common trait amongst our boxers.
All that is required is that you send in your application form with deposit to confirm your place in the greatest of events. It’s as simple as that.
THE TRAININGThe training is the most important facet of this competition and we make getting motivated easy.
It doesn’t get any easier to get out of bed.
• Training is an essential element for success and safety
• The training is great fun, educational and you seriously learn how to look after yourself and move like you have never moved before
• Everybody involved are all first timers, all a little intimidated, but all great people. Boxing is extremely levelling, who you are or where you come from doesn’t matter in the ring
• All training expenses are included in the initial investment
• There is a range of training sessions mixing morning and night, six days of the week, to give you a good range of classes to choose from. We recommend three to four sessions a week, plus some extra fitness outside of these times
• Fitness and nutrition programs will be provided
• TANK BOXING training kits are provided by Pink Tank Events (includes everything you need except mouth guards, boots and groin/ breast guards)
• The training location will be at Hurt Locker boxing gym in Claremont. We understand that this may not suit everybody so we are a little flexible and very keen to accommodate everyone’s requirements