«SAN PEDRO CREEK TRICENTENNIAL ARTWORK REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS Index Call Summarry Artwork Goals Budget San Pedro Creek History Artwork Location ...»
Establish an intimate scale relationship between people and the creek, and provide for the simultaneous movement of water and people that is safe and pleasurable.
Restore, repurpose, and reuse the existing channel infrastructure, respecting its historical context and being good stewards of the funds provided for restoration.
Recreate an aquatic habitat to nourish life and incorporate nature into our urban environment. Provide places that support diverse activities, offer pockets of surprise and connect with intersecting streets, paths, and transportation routes.
Celebrate San Pedro Creek’s layered history by telling its story with an authentic voice.
For more information on the San Pedro Creek Improvements Project, visit spcproject.org.
WEBSITES WITH ADDITIONAL RESOURCES San Pedro Creek Improvements Project: spcproject.org San Antonio 300: celebrate2018.com Bexar County: bexar.org SARA: sara-tx.org City of San Antonio: sanantonio.gov
AMENDMENTS TO RFQShould an amendment to this RFQ become necessary, it will be posted at spcproject.org on the “Tricentennial Artwork” page located under the “Initiatives” tab. It is the sole responsibility of any artist interested in submitting qualifications to check this website for amendments. If the artist does not have access to the internet, they must contact Bridget Hinze to inquire.
RESTRICTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONOnce the RFQ has been released, artists are prohibited from communicating with SARA elected officials and staff, Bexar County elected officials and staff and members of the Design Team regarding the RFQ or
Proposals, with the following exceptions:
1) Questions concerning substantive RFQ issues shall be directed, electronically only, to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbal questions and explanations are not permitted other than for general non-substantive issues or as may be described by this section and during interviews, if any. No inquiries or questions will be answered if received after 5 p.m. Central Time on August 5, 2016, to allow ample time for distribution of answers and/or amendments to this RFQ. Artists wishing to receive copies of the questions and their responses must notify Bridget Hinze in writing prior to the date and time the questions are due.
2) Currently contracted vendors may communicate with SARA staff in order to continue working on active matters, but such communication shall not include discussions regarding this RFQ.
3) SARA reserves the right to contact any artist for clarification after responses are opened and/or to further negotiate with any artist if such is deemed desirable.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
1) SARA reserves the right to select one, more than one, or no applicants for the RFP in response to this RFQ.
2) SARA may accept any Proposal in whole or in part. If subsequent negotiations are conducted, they shall not constitute a rejection or alternate RFQ on the part of SARA.
3) SARA reserves the right to accept or to reject any or all proposals received in response to this RFQ, and to waive informalities and irregularities in the proposals received. SARA also reserves the right to terminate this RFQ, and reissue a subsequent solicitation, and/or remedy technical errors in the RFQ process.
4) No work shall commence until a mutually acceptable contract document(s) is signed by the SARA and the selected artist provides the necessary evidence of insurance as required in this RFQ and the Contract. Contract documents are not binding on SARA until reviewed by legal counsel. In the event the parties cannot negotiate and execute a contract within the time specified, SARA reserves the right to terminate negotiations with the selected artist and commence negotiations with another artist.