«Michael M. Morgan 1 Michael M. Morgan College of Education, University of Wyoming, Dept. 3374 1000 University Avenue, Laramie, WY 82071 (307) ...»
• Coordinator, UW Biennial Institute for Play Therapy and Early Childhood Leadership
• Coordinator, Counselor Education Training Clinic
• Coordinator, National Counseling Exam Marketing, Recruitment and Website Development Committee • Assessment Strategies Committee • Community
• Marriage and Family Therapist – Reduced rate and pro-bono clinical services, 2003 – 2010
2009 Developed and instituted the Wyoming Early Childhood Mental Health Certificate program. The post-graduate certificate involves 10 credit hours of course instruction, delivered in both live and synchronous on-line format.
Students are mental health and educational professionals working with the birth to 5 population. Planning began in 2007, with college and university approval received in 2009. The first cohort of students began their program in the fall of 2009, and the second began in the fall of 2010.
2009, 2007, 2005 Biennial Wyoming Institute for Play Therapy & Early Childhood Leadership: In 2009 hosted the third Play Therapy Institute at UW. Two nationally / internationally recognized speakers and over 100 participants met for four days in this ongoing opportunity to learn about the therapeutic use of play. I also continued exploring ways to help participants translate workshop training into practice, and continued gathering research data for a future article about application of training.
2008 Extensive revision of clinical policies and procedures handbook to bring the Counselor Education Training Clinic into compliance with state requirements for approval as a State Substance Abuse Treatment center.
2006 Designed and Authored a technology handbook to guide students and faculty in using the new clinic technology. The manual makes it easier for users of the digital system to take full advantage of its capabilities for tracking student skill mastery as well as for research purposed.
2005 Clinic Technology Update: Wrote a proposal and received $40,000 from the DED Technical Infrastructure Improvement-Education fund to plan, purchase, and install state-of-the art digital observation hardware and software. This package puts the Counselor Education Training Clinic at the forefront of using digital technology to facilitate video recording, play back, and analysis.
GRADUATE STUDENT ADVISING
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEPrivate Practice Laramie, Wyoming; 2003 – Present
• Individual, couple and family psychotherapy Private Practice Affiliated Counseling, West Lafayette, Indiana; 2002 – 2003
• Individual, couple and family psychotherapy Substitute Teacher Tippecanoe County School District, Lafayette, Indiana; 2002 – 2003
• Substitute teaching K-12, emphasis on Special Education Clinical Program Coordinator Family Services, Inc., Lafayette, Indiana; 1999 – 2002
• Administrative responsibility for clinical program including budgets, marketing, program goals and development
• Clinical and administrative supervision for staff psychotherapists and interns
• Develop and implement clinical assessment and outcome evaluation procedures
• Write and manage grants related to functioning of clinical program Clinical Supervisor Purdue University MFT Center, West Lafayette, Indiana; Fall 2000, Summer 1998, Spring and Summer 1997
• Clinical supervision for MFT M.S. and Ph.D. psychotherapy-interns School Counselor Klondike Elementary School, West Lafayette, Indiana; 1997 – 2002
• Individual and group psychotherapy, classroom guidance
• Special needs education, IEP's, parent conferences
• Truancy mediation
• Spanish translation
Staff Psychotehrapist Lafayette Behavioral Health Care, Lafayette Indiana; 1997 – 1998
• Adolescent substance abuse group counseling
• Substance abuse recovery psycho-education group Group Psychotherapist Greater Lafayette Singles, Lafayette, Indiana; 1996
• Divorce adjustment group psychotherapy Psychotherapy-Intern Purdue University MFT Center, West Lafayette, Indiana; 1995 – 1996
• Individual, couple and family psychotherapy Consultant Lee County Stop Child Abuse and Neglect, Auburn, Alabama; 1994 – 1995
• Co-instructor for four-hour co-parenting seminars to court mandated divorcing parents Psychotherapy-Intern Family Counseling Center, Columbus, Georgia; 1994 – 1995
• Individual, couple, and family psychotherapy Psychotherapy-Intern Auburn University MFT Center, Auburn, Alabama; 1994 – 1995