«Chapter 2 / Epidemiology of ED 47 2 Epidemiology of Erectile Dysfunction Ridwan Shabsigh, MD SUMMARY Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a highly prevalent ...»
49. Perez MA, Meyerowitz BE, Lieskovsky G, et al. Quality of life and sexuality following radical prostatectomy in patients with prostate cancer who use or do not use erectile aids. Urology 1997; 50: 740–746.
50. Williams G, Abbou C-C, Amar ET, et al. The effect of trans-urethral alprostadi1 on the quality of life of men with erectile dysfunction and their partners. MUSE study Group. Br J Urol 1998; 82: 847–854.
51. Fugl-Meyer AR, Lodnert G, Branholm I-B, et al. On life satisfaction in male erectile dysfunction. Int J Imp Res 1997; 9: 1414–1418.
52. Sandhu D, Curless E, Dean J, et al. A double-blind, placebo controlled study of intracavernosal vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and phentolamine mesylate in a novel auto-injector for the treatment of non-psychogenic erectile dysfunction. Int J Imp Res 1999; 11: 91–97.
53. Purvis K, Egdeveit I, Christiansen E. Intra-cavernosal therapy for erectile failure-impact of treatment and reasons for dropout and dissatisfaction. Int J Imp Res 1999; 11: 287–299.
54. Hultling C, Giuliano F, Quirk F, et al. Quality of life in patients with spinal cord injury receiving Viagra (sildenafil citrate) for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Spinal Cord 2000; 38: 363–370.
55. Giuliano F, Pena BM, Mishra A, et al. Efficacy results and quality of life measures in men receiving sildenafil citrate for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Qual Life Res 2001; 10: 359–369.
56. Ware JE Jr, Sherbourne CD. The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36). I. Conceptual framework and item selection. Med Care 1992; 30: 473–483.
57. Neugarten BL, Havighurst RI, Tobin SS. The measurement of life satisfaction. J Gerontol 1961; 16:
58. Althof SE, Turner LA, Levine SB, et al. Through the eyes of women: the sexual and psychological responses of women to their partners treatment with self-injection and external vacuum therapy. J Urol 1992; 147: 1024–1037.
59. Parkerson GH, Willke RJ, Hays RD. An International comparison of the reliability and responsiveness or the Duke health profile for measuring health-related quality of life of patients treated with alprostadil for erectile dysfunction. Med Care 1999; 37: 56–67.
60. Seidman SN, Rosen R, Roose S, Menza M, Shabsigh R. Treatment of erectile dysfunction improves symptoms of depression in men with comorbid depression: results of a placebo controlled clinical trial of sildenafil citrate. AJP 2001; 158: 1623–1630.
61. Althof SE. When an erection alone is not enough: biopsychosocial obstacles to lovemaking, Int J Impot Res 2002; 14(Suppl 1): S99–S104.
62. Althof SE, Turner LA, Levine SB, et al. Through the eyes of women: the sexual and psychological responses of women to their partners treatment with self-injection and external vacuum therapy. J Urol 1992; 147: 1024–1037.
63. Armstrong DK, Convery AG, Dinsmore WW. Reasons for patient drop-out from an intracavernous auto-injection programme for erectile dysfunction. Br J Urol 1994; 74(1): 99–101.
Chapter 2 / Epidemiology of ED 59
64. Fichten CS, Spector I, Libman E. Client attributions for sexual dysfunction. J Sex Marital Ther 1988;
65. Ehrensaft MK, Condra M, Morales A, et al. Communication patterns in patients with erectile dysfunction and their partners. Int J Impot Res 1994; 6(1): 25–32.
66. Shirai M, Takimoto Y, Ishii N, et al. Influence of erectile dysfunction on daily life and general attitudes towards treatments. Nippon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi (Japan), Jpn J Urol 2001; 92(7): 666–673.
67. Perelman M, Shabsigh R, Seftel AD, Althoff S, Lockhardt D. Attitudes of men with erectile dysfunction, a cross national survey. J Sex Med 2005; 2: 397–406.