«STUDENT CATALOG Zion Ministerial Institute a Zion Fellowship ministry PO Box 70 • 54 County Road 60 • Waverly, New York 14892 Phone: (607) ...»
Well, just as we have to be born in the natural, we have to be born-again in order to enter into the kingdom of heaven. In much the same way, in order to abide in spiritual Mount Zion, we must first have Zion birthed in us. The vision of Zion must be birthed within our hearts by the Lord.
Being born in Zion is spoken of in Psalm 87:4-6: “I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall ZMI Waverly Campus Student Catalog establish her. The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.” The Lord records not only where we are born naturally, but where we are born spiritually. The spiritual vision we are born into is very important.
I believe the Lord wants to birth this vision in the heart of every believer. We have been called to Mount Zion. Paul made that very clear in Hebrews 12:22. Our goal is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit; our goal is Mount Zion! Zion speaks of the holiness of God, the dwelling place of God, the rest of God, anointed praise and worship, and many other wonderful truths.
Ask yourself this question: “Where am I on my spiritual journey, and what is my vision?” Are you pressing on toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus, or have you stopped along the way? Are you content where you are, or are you moving on with God?
Zion Ministerial Institute is dedicated to the pursuit of this high and holy calling. Ask the Lord, dear student, to reveal God’s very best for your life. Our prayer is that no matter where you are on your Christian journey, the Lord will place a new vision in your heart and that you will go all the way with Jesus. Dear student, if you will give us the privilege of furthering your education, we will seek to impart this spiritual vision to your life. May God bless you!
Zion Fellowship® was founded in 1981 in the state of New York. By faith the 170-acre campus was purchased in upstate New York that serves as the headquarters of Zion Fellowship’s ministries and Zion Ministerial Institute. Zion Fellowship is a Pentecostal fellowship of pastors, missionaries, churches, Bible schools, Christian schools, and orphanages, whose headquarters are located in Waverly, New York. Since its inception, by God’s grace, Zion’s ministry has spread to every continent of the world.
Founder Dr. Brian J. Bailey is the Founder of Zion Fellowship, a worldwide Pentecostal fellowship of missionaries, churches, Bible schools, and orphanages. He held the resident position of Chancellor of Zion Ministerial Institute from 1981 to 2012.
Mission The mission of Zion Ministerial Institute is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by educating and preparing Christian leaders who will minister effectively in their calling to the Church and the world out of their ever-deepening relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Purpose Our purpose is to prepare leaders to be used by God. Our desire is to cultivate godly character within our students and equip them with the necessary tools to maximize their abilities so that they bring forth lasting fruit for the kingdom of God. We seek to prepare our students in three main areas: character, ability, and productivity. Our curriculum offers indepth courses that are not only theologically sound and Bible-based, but are also anointed and life transforming. The theme verse of Zion Ministerial Institute is John 8:32, where Jesus declared, “Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” ZMI Waverly Campus Student Catalog Statement of Faith Zion Ministerial Institute’s Statement of Faith is a declaration of our basic tenets of faith and forms the basis for our doctrine and curriculum.
1. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who is the Maker and Preserver of all things visible and invisible.
2. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ: that Jesus existed eternally with the Father, became a man by the miracle of the incarnation, in no degree ceasing to be God. He is co-Creator of the world and man, the only Savior, and coming Judge.
3. We believe the whole canon of Scripture (both Old and New Testaments), as originally given, to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God, of supreme and final authority in all that it teaches and declares.
4. We believe that all men are lost apart from the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; that sin is cleansed only through personal repentance and faith in the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ;
that water baptism by immersion should follow receiving Christ as Lord and Savior.
5. We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the body as well as for the mind, soul, and spirit of man. Christ has an answer for every problem of man, physical or spiritual.
6. We believe that miracles and the gifts of the Spirit are available to the Church today for the edifying and perfecting of its members.
7. We believe that God will visit His Church in the last days and bring multitudes into the Kingdom, preparing us for Christ’s Second Coming.
8. We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit, as evidenced by speaking in other tongues according to Acts 2:4, is promised to all who desire it, ask for it, and obey God.
9. We believe that everyone will be resurrected (saved and unsaved) and will give an account to the great Judge, whose judgment is final and eternal.
10. We believe that marriage is a holy institution set forth by God in His Word as a covenant relationship between a man and a woman for life and is to be a representation of the relationship between Christ and His Church. Any other definition of marriage is contrary to Scripture and the will of God (Gen. 1:27; Heb. 13:4).
11. We believe that divorce and remarriage to another person is contrary to God’s will and purposes. Therefore, the pastor shall not solemnize such remarriages.
12. We believe that man should live according to the moral standards set forth in Scripture. This includes: living a holy life; being full of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance (Gal. 5:22-23). Therefore, we are opposed to: adultery, fornication, uncleanness (including sodomy, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, pornography, and other forms of moral impurity), lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders (including abortion and euthanasia), drunkenness, and revellings (Gal. 5:19-21; 2 Tim. 3:1-6).
ZMI Waverly Campus Student Catalog 13. We believe that God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions: 1) the home; 2) the Church; 3) the state. Every person is subject to these authorities, but all (including the authorities themselves) are answerable to God and are governed by His Word.
14. We believe that every Christian, as a steward of the portion of God’s wealth entrusted to him, is obligated to support his local church financially. We believe that God has established the tithe as a basis for giving, but that every Christian should also give other offerings sacrificially and cheerfully for the support of the Church, the relief of those in need, and the spread of the Gospel. We believe that a person has no right to direct the use of the tithe or offering after the gift has been given.
The Educational Vision of Ministerial Training
Zion Ministerial Institute has carefully developed a residential program of study to prepare those called to ministry and lay leadership. The Ministerial Training Program is a training institute seeking to equip students in their ministerial calling. It is not a Bible school or liberal arts college. The focus of ZMI is to train students in the Word of God and in practical ministry so they will be effective leaders in their local churches and around the world.
The Advantages of Ministerial Training Ministerial Training has many advantages. Courses are scheduled progressively over two years to train the student in thorough Biblical knowledge and understanding, in-depth character studies, aspects of ministry relating to the local church, and character building.
The “block system” enables one class to be taught at a time, enabling the best opportunity for concentrated study for each course. Our instructors are the most seasoned pastors and missionaries from Zion Fellowship’s local churches and mission fields. The course schedule enables these instructors to be resident on campus for the duration of their classes, which allows students the best opportunity to learn from their lives and ministries. Their wealth of ministry experience from all around the world makes for dynamic, Spirit-filled lectures.
Weekday mornings are used for classroom instruction; afternoons and evenings are reserved for studying, hands-on practical ministry, and recreation.
enables each student’s abilities to be used in practical ways as they work with staff and other students. This aspect of Ministerial Training is one of the unique components of Zion Ministerial Institute’s program.
Ministerial Training also has challenges. It requires an increasing and deepening dedication to an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ, discipline, time management and dedication to studies. We encourage the student to be diligent in his or her studies, even as Paul exhorted us in 2 Timothy 2:15: “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
Tips for being a successful student at Zion Ministerial Institute:
1. After receiving the semester schedule and your duty list, prayerfully make a workable schedule for each day of the week, allowing ample time for devotional prayer, personal worship, and Bible reading.
2. Prepare a system of folders for each course scheduled for that semester. Keeping courses organized assists the student in research. A laptop computer is very helpful for taking notes in class. However, many students take notes successfully by hand.
3. Develop a daily study plan and set time aside daily for study. You might have to prioritize your schedule and cut out some leisure activities that will keep you from meeting your goals.
4. Try to avoid interruptions when you are studying. Let others know your study schedule and ask them to respect your private study time.
5. Find a comfortable place to study with the least amount of distractions.
6. Try to apply the course content to your life while you are studying for maximum retention.
7. Develop good reading skills through concentration and focus. Pause frequently to review in your mind what you have just read. Read it again if necessary. Take notes of the most important points or underline them.
8. Do not be afraid to ask for help. Write down any questions you have about the course content or questions and bring them to administration.
ZMI Waverly Campus Student Catalog
9. Make some time for social activities in groups. Maintaining a well-rounded, balanced personal life develops a mature student.
Accreditation & Affiliation Zion Ministerial Institute is not currently seeking regional or private accreditation. The academic focus of regional accreditation does not correlate with Zion Ministerial Institute’s ministerial curriculum.
In August of 2004, Zion Ministerial Institute was granted Affiliate Status with ABHE, the Association of Biblical Higher Education, located in Orlando, Florida.
Zion Ministerial Institute is a private, residential, co-educational, post-secondary Christian school, owned and operated by Zion Fellowship, Incorporated in the state of New York, in the United States of America. Zion Ministerial Institute holds a state charter classified under section 52.22(b) of the New York State Department of Education, which authorizes vocational instruction in the field of religion. Zion Ministerial Institute is authorized by the State of New York to grant certificates and diplomas of completion in the area of ministerial training. Zion Ministerial Institute does not accept federal or state funding.
ZMI Waverly Campus Student Catalog
* Indicates a Candidate ZMI Waverly Campus Student Catalog Location & General Information Zion Ministerial Institute is located at PO Box 70, 54 County Road 60, Waverly, New York, USA. Waverly is located in the central Southern Tier region of upstate New York. The 170acre campus rests at the top of Glory Hill, surrounded by secluded meadows and woodland.
Waverly, New York, is a small community located on the New York/Pennsylvania border, adjoined by Athens and Sayre, Pennsylvania. When driving, Syracuse and Rochester are over two hours north, and New York City is roughly four hours east. The closest regional airport is Elmira-Corning Airport (ELM), only 25 minutes away, and the closest international airport is Syracuse (SYR), 2 hours away. Many local cities offer opportunities to enhance studies in public and university libraries including Cornell University in Ithaca, and SUNY in Binghamton.
Contact Information Telephone
Zion Christian Publishers Bookstore
ZMI Waverly Campus Student Catalog
Zion Ministerial Institute departments may be contacted by e-mail at: