«Our Vision The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering “a hand up” to people in need. We do ...»
Discuss with your Mini Vinnies Group about what types of advocacy would work best for your school and send the most powerful message.
Fundraisers commonly run by schools and Mini Vinnies groups include:
Guessing competitions (i.e. guess the number of jellybeans in the jar);
Casual days / crazy sock days;
These are all good ways of raising money within the school. The best fundraisers, however, are ones which are new and creative, because they generate more interest and can therefore yield greater results.
MINI VINNIES PLEDGE
An example of a Mini Vinnies pledge taken by a Mini Vinnies group:
As a member of Mini Vinnies, I promise to make a difference in my world by:
• Caring for, respecting and loving myself;
• Strengthening my friendship with Jesus by praying each day and talking to others about him;
• Caring for others in my school and community by being a friend to those who are alone, in need or in trouble;
• Contributing to the happiness of my family through my help, respect, consideration, joy and kindness;
• Caring for, appreciating and enjoying God’s creation: the environment;
• Treating others the way I would like them to treat me.
34 VICTORIA CONTACT US You can contact your local Vinnies Youth Team to get more information about Mini Vinnies, organise a guest speaker, get in touch with other Mini Vinnies groups or Vinnies Conferences, or to have someone come out to your school to present certificates to your Mini Vinnies group or help organise activities. They could also help you to advertise your activities and let everyone else know know about your group’s Good Works by putting an article or photo in Vinnies newsletters and magazines. You can also ask about merchandise and materials – prayer cards, badges, wristbands, certificates, balloons, tattoos, brochures, posters etc – to assist you in forming a Mini Vinnies group or running a particular project.
For more information about Mini Vinnies or for any enquiries, please contact the Vinnies Youth Team.
You can find contact details at www.vinnies.org.au or (03) 9895 5800 Mini Vinnies VICTORIA