«HOME AUTOMATION, INC. Model 17A00 Expansion Enclosure Installation Manual Document Number 17I00-1 Rev A March, 2002 Home Automation, Inc. Model 17A00 ...»
5. If the zone being checked is armed (i.e. panic and tamper zones, which are always armed) the alarm will be activated. Disarm the system following the alarm activation.
6. For a complete list of zone types and descriptions, refer to the controller Installation Manual that was supplied with the system.
1. Verify that the console displays "SYSTEM OK". Check the fire zone per the sensor manufacturer's instructions. The fire alarm should be activated.
Note: The Controller’s Fire Alarm Verification feature, if used, will require two consecutive activations of the sensor.
2. Cancel the alarm at the console to silence the alarm. The display should indicate that the zone is still in alarm.
3. Arm the security system then disarm it. This arm/disarm cycle will reset the smoke detector. If the cause for the alarm (i.e. smoke) has cleared, the display will return to "SYSTEM OK".
OUTPUT CHECKOUTCommand each voltage output individually. Verify that the correct device is activated. Verify that the device is turned on when an ON command is issued and turned off when an OFF command is issued.
For a complete list of output unit numbers, refer to the controller Owner’s Manual that was supplied with the system.
Excessive resistance or ground faults in the loop wiring are reported as zone trouble conditions.
AC power off is reported if the AC power has failed for more than three minutes.
The battery is checked under load periodically as requested by the controller.
When used with the applicable controller, the Model 17A00 Expansion Enclosure meets UL
requirements for these applications:
UL 985 Household Fire Warning System Units UL 1023 Household Burglar Warning System Units
When used in a UL Listed Installation, the following items apply:
1. IN UL Listed Installations, the transformer shall be the Revere P/N RT-2440SL and 2 12 V, 7 amphour batteries.
2. If used in UL applications, the Model 17A00 and the controller shall be configured for 24 hour Standby Time as shown under 24 HOUR STANDBY CONNECTIONS diagram in this manual.
Maximum current ratings for 24 hours must be observed.
3. Burglary Zone Hookup - using HAI P/N 393-1K, 1000 ohm EOL resistor.
4. Fire Zone Hookup - using HAI P/N 1503A001, 1K End Of Line Resistor Assembly.
5. Operation of the PESM Programmable Energy Saver Module was not investigated by UL.
The Model 17A00 Expansion Enclosure been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules.
This product generates and can radiate radio frequency energy. Due to its low power design, it is unlikely to interfere with radio and TV communications. If it is suspected of doing so, the user is encouraged to try to correct the problem by reorienting the receiver's antenna, moving the receiver away from the product, or consulting an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
SMOKE DETECTOR INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
1. Ceiling mounted smoke detectors should be located in the center of the room or hall, or not less than 4 inches from any wall.
When the detector is mounted on a wall, the top of the detector should be 4 to 12 inches from the ceiling.
Do not install smoke detectors where normal ambient temperatures are above 100° F (37.8 ° C) or below 40 ° F (4 ° C). Also, 2.
do not locate the detector in front of air conditioners, heating registers, or other locations where normal air circulation will keep smoke form entering the detector.
3. Additional information on Household Fire Warning is available at nominal cost from: The National Fire Protection Association, Battery March Park, Quincy, MA. 02269. Request Standard No. NFPA 72. Contact your home Insurance Company for a possible reduction of your insurance premium.
4. A smoke detector should be located between the sleeping area and the rest of the family living unit.
5. In family living units with more than one sleeping area, a smoke detector should be provided to protect each sleeping area.
6. A smoke detector should be located on each story (Refer to the diagrams below).
7. For complete details on proper location and installation of smoke detectors, refer to the instructions supplied with the smoke detector.
Polyfuses are permanent fuses that do not need replacement.
Nominal Voltage: AUX 12VDC: 10 - 13.7VDC; SWITCH 12VDC: 11.5-12.5; OUTPUTS 1-16: 9.6-12VDC Low Voltage Cut Out:approx. 9VDC Typical Current Consumption at Nominal Voltage: 80 mA at 13.7VDC