«CAP Uniform Wear CAP Officer Basic Course Introduction • NOTE: PLEASE DOWNLOAD CAP MANUAL 39-1, CAP UNIFORM MANUAL, CHAPTERS 1, 2, AND 4 BEFORE ...»
Let's look at some situations to see when it is appropriate to wear the CAP uniform and when it is not. Answer YES, for it is appropriate, or NO, for it is not appropriate, to wear a CAP uniform for each statement below. After, turn to pages 6 and 7 of the uniform manual. Read Table 1-1 and see how you did.
1. When at a CAP meeting.
2. More than 1 hour following the close of a CAP event or meeting except for travel time.
3. When participating in a picket line.
4. When going to a public demonstration or speech not approved by the US Air force.
5. When engaged/furthering private employment or commercial interests.
6. When going to a dinner or event on a military installation.
7. When visiting a military installation.
Lesson Summary and Closure You have a lot of choices about what to wear. You only have one choice on how to wear it, correctly and proudly. The manual is there to help you do that. Use it and look professional and proud.
Works Cited CAPM 39-1, Civil Air Patrol Uniform Manual. 23 March 2005 OPR: CAP/DP 105 S.