«Model: SF-1670M READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS When using electrical appliances, basic precautions ...»
16” OUTDOOR MISTING FAN
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire,
electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
WARNING: this fan is supplied with a grounded plug and GFCI. To reduce the risk of electrical shock, make sure it is connected only to a PROPERLY grounded outlet.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REMOVE THE GROUND PRONG OR GROUND FAULT UNIT.For your personal safety, the fan must be grounded. The fan is equipped with a power supply with ground fault circuit interrupting device. Removal or tampering of the power cord will void warranty. Electric shock hazards may cause severe personal injury or death. For your safety turn off the electrical power supply before installing, moving or servicing your fan to avoid any possible electrical shock hazards. Never make adjustments to the fan when power is on.
UNPLUG THE FAN WHEN NOT IN USE.
1. Use this fan only as described in this manual. Other uses not recommended may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
2. This product is intended for household use ONLY and not for commercial, industrial or outdoor use.
3. The fan must be grounded.
4. To protect against electric shock, do not immerse unit, plug or cord in water or spray with liquids.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
6. Unplug fan from outlet when not in use, when moving from one location to another or before cleaning.
7. Avoid contact with moving parts.
8. Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes.
9. Do not place fan or any parts near an open flame, cooking or heating appliance.
10. Do not operate fan with a damaged cord, plug or after the fan malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
11. Do not let cord hang over the edge of a table or counter, or let it touch hot surfaces.
12. To disconnect, grip plug and pull from wall outlet. Never yank on cord.
13. Always use on a level surface.
14. Do not hang or mount fan on a wall or ceiling.
15. Do not operate without fan grills properly in place.
16. This appliance has a GFCI plug with ground pin. To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a grounded outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, contact a qualified electrician.
Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature. If replacement of the plug is needed, use only identical replacement parts.
17. Only use a 14 AWG 3-prong grounded extension cord with this fan.
18. Use the fan only for the specific purpose outlined in this instruction information.
19. Do not operate fan until fully assembled.
20. Ensure the correct voltage is being used prior to plugging in your fan (120V AC electrical outlet).
21. Do not immerse fan or expose fan to any form of liquid.
22. Avoid contact with all moving parts. Never insert your fingers, pencils or other objects through the fan grill during operation.
23. Place your fan on a stable and level surface to avoid tipping or being knocked over accidentally.
24. Do not operate the fan directly adjacent to curtains, plants, window covering, etc. to avoid accidental entanglement.
25. While your fan is tolerant to exposure of most weather situations, we recommend that you bring the fan indoors or to a covered location during periods of extreme cold, snow or rain.
26. Always keep your fan covered when not in use to prevent excessive exposure to moisture and sun.
27. Do not submerge your fan under water and keep a safe distance from pools, outside water features or irrigation sprinklers.
28. To avoid potential fire hazards, never place your fan or its electrical cord under rugs or carpeting.
This fan is intended for outdoor use but may be used indoors WITHOUT THE MISTING FEATURE.
RULES FOR SAFE OPERATION:
Never insert fingers or any other objects through the grill guard when fan is in operation.
Disconnect the fan when moving from one location to another.
Disconnect the fan when removing guards for cleaning.
Be sure fan is on a stable and flat surface when in operation.
DO NOT use when raining. Rain may create electrical hazard.
READ AND SAVE THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONSWARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock and injury to persons DO NOT use in a window.
GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONSThis product must be grounded. If it should malfunction or breakdown, grounding provides a path with the least resistance of electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock. This product is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
DANGER Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electrocution. Check with a qualified electrician or service personnel if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the product. If it does not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician. Do not use any type of adaptor with this product.
GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER (GFCI) PROTECTIONThis fan is equipped with an inline Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter built into the power supply cord. This device provides additional protection from the risk of electric shock.
Should replacement of the plug or cord become necessary, use only identical replacement parts that include GFCI protection.
1. Plug GFCI into a 120V power outlet.
2. Verify that the red LED indicator turns on. This indicates power to the GFCI receptacles.
3. Press the TEST button and verify that the red LED indicator turns off.
4. Press and release the RESET button and verify that the red LED indicator turns on.
5. The GFCI is now ready to use.
WARNING If the GFCI fails to trip (turn off) when the TEST button is pressed, or fails to reset (turn on), the device is defective and should be replaced.
If the GFCI tests properly without a load applied, but trips each time a load is connected, then the load has a ground fault condition and needs to be repaired. DO NOT BYPASS THE GFCI IF THIS CONDITION
OCCURS, AN ELECTRICAL SHOCK MAY OCCUR.
CAUTION This device is to be used on normal distribution systems 120V/15 amps 60Hz maximum.
This GFCI is a safety device. Do not use the test and reset buttons as on/off switch.
All Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) do not protect against electrical shock resulting from contact with both current carrying conductors of an electrical circuit.
Do not connect any extension cord longer than 100 feet to the GFCI output to avoid the possibility of nuisance tripping.
Test frequently and before each use to ensure proper operation, by following operating instructions 1 to 5.
DO NOT use where water may enter GFCI case.
DO NOT modify or immerse this device.
DO NO exceed electrical rating.
1. On the lower shaft pole, locate and remove the screw from the top end of the shaft. Insert shaft to main body, align the screw openings on the main body to the one on the shaft.
Re-fasten the screw.
2. Place the base on sturdy ground and set decorative base into the circular indentation.
Grill and Blade Assembly A. On the motor housing: unscrew and remove the guard lock nut (turn counter-clockwise).
B. Mount the rear grill to the motor housing: with the handle in the upright position, align the openings on the grill to the two pins on the motor (at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock position).
Replace and gently tighten the guard lock nut (turn clockwise).
C. Insert blade onto motor shaft: align the indentation to the cross bar on the motor shaft.
D. Secure blade by screwing on the blade cap (turn counter-clockwise).
E. Attach the front grill: with the water hose at 6 o’clock position, first hook the top clip to the rear grill then snap bottom into place. The screw and clip located at the bottom of the front grill may have come loose, please check and re-fasten if necessary.
CAUTION All assembly and adjustments must be made when fan is turned off and unplugged from the electrical socket.
Place fan on a level surface before plugging into electrical socket.
This product is not for commercial use.
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONSUsing the Remote Memory function: The remote will remember your last settings after power off and resume fan to those settings when turned on again (fan speed, wind mode and oscillation mode);
for the exception of timer setting – which will be cleared.
The LED display will go into sleep mode after 30 seconds of inactivity. Press any button to reactivate LED display.
ON: Press to turn unit on.
Note: When switched on, fan will operate at speed 3 (high) for three seconds then return to preset speed of the remote.
OFF: Press to turn unit off.
SPEED: Press to select desired fan speed: 1 (Low), 2 (Medium) and 3 (High).
MODE: Press to select fan mode: Normal, Natural and Sleep. (See page 7 for details) o Normal mode o Natural mode: unit automatically cycles between the three fan speeds o Sleep mode: depending on the fan speed when mode is engaged, unit will drop down one speed every 30 minutes until it reaches Low (speed 1). Fan will remain operating at low until timer up, manually turned off or settings changed.
SWING: Press to select oscillation mode: left-right, up-down, figure-8 or no oscillation.
TIMER: Press to set timer in 30 minute increments, up to 7.5 hours.
The same functions keys found on the remote can be found on the unit’s control panel.
o Press to turn unit on. Fan will start in Normal mode, on speed 3 and switch to speed 1 after 3 seconds.
o Press again to select the desired fan speed: 1 (Low), 2 (Medium) and 3 (High). The corresponding Speed indicator light will illuminate.
OFF: Press to turn unit off.
MODE: Press to select fan mode: Normal, Natural and Sleep. Corresponding indicator light
will illuminate (see page 7 for details):
o Normal mode: you can set desired fan speed o Natural mode: unit automatically cycles between the three fan speeds o Sleep mode: depending on the fan speed when mode is engaged, unit will drop down one speed every 30 minutes until it reaches Low (speed 1). Fan will remain operating at low until timer up, manually turned off or settings changed.
SWING: Press to select oscillation mode: left-right, up-down, figure-8 or no oscillation.
Corresponding indicator light(s) will illuminate.
TIMER: Press to set timer in 30-minute increments, up to 7.5 hours. Corresponding indicator light(s) will illuminate.
Settings made by the remote are reflected on the unit’s control panel. However, settings or changes made on the control panel will not reflect on the remote.
If fan is turned on with the remote, fan will resume to last settings recorded by the remote.
(If changes were made on the unit’s control panel and fan was turned off. Those changes will not reflect when unit is turned on again with the remote.) If fan is turned on via the control panel, fan will operate at factory default: Normal mode, speed 3 then speed 1 after 3 seconds.
Natural Mode with High Speed (3) Natural Mode with Med Speed (2) Natural Mode with Low Speed (1)
SLEEP MODE PATTERNIn Sleep Mode, the wind pattern duplicates that of Natural mode. The only difference is that the unit will automatically drop one speed every 30 minutes until it reaches Low and remain there. For example, if unit is on High speed and enters Sleep mode: fan will run on High Natural mode for 30 minutes, drop to Medium Natural mode for the next 30 minutes, and drop again to Low natural mode until turned off or timer up.
Attach adapter to any ¾” standard garden hose or spigot. The misting function (on/off) will be controlled by your main water source.
For your convenience, you have the option to install the included on/off valve, which allows independent control to the misting function.
Cleaning Clogged Nozzles Turn fan off and unplug unit from power source.
Gently tap the nozzles to loosen any sediments that may have accumulated.
If tapping does not clear the nozzle, unscrew each nozzle and place in a container of vinegar or a household lime and scale remover for approximate 30 seconds. Make sure to stir or shake the solution every few minutes to help loosen debris. Heavier deposits may require longer soaking time and/or additional scrubbing of the nozzles with a stiff nonmetallic brush.