«Key stage 2: submitting teacher assessment data May 2016 Contents Introduction 3 How to submit teacher assessment data 3 Teacher assessment codes 4 ...»
If these details do not match what is held in the spreadsheet, e.g. if it is a new pupil that has been added with the wrong details, or appears in the CTF from the MIS incorrectly, you can correct by uploading the file again with the new details.
If NCA tools does not recognise it as the same pupil, it may create a duplicate. You should then delete the incorrect pupil from your submission (as detailed above).
How and when to delete pupils’ details When to ‘delete a pupil’ A pupil should only be deleted from your TA submission if they were uploaded in error.
Corrections to TA can be made by submitting another file which will refresh data, but will not remove data or pupils that have already been submitted.
A pupil can be deleted if they:
are not at the end of KS2 were not a registered pupil at your school during test week are a duplicate, i.e. the pupil exists more than once in the submission (this may occur if the pupil was uploaded more than once but with different details) A pupil should not be deleted in the following cases.
1. They have been uploaded with incorrect TA outcomes. These can be corrected by uploading another file which will refresh the data.
2. They did not sit the tests because they were working below the standard of the tests, unable to access the tests or were absent on the day of the tests. You should submit their TA judgements or appropriate code if an assessment cannot be made.
Further information can be found in the ‘Teacher assessment codes’ section above.
3. They were registered during pupil registration and appear in the expected pupil list on the spreadsheet template. STA require a TA judgement or appropriate code for all registered pupils. If the pupil left the school prior to test week you should record them as ‘L’ for all subjects.
How to ‘delete a pupil’
1. Click on the ‘Teacher assessment’ page at the top of the NCA tools.
2. Click on the ‘View teacher assessment’ link on the left of the screen.
3. Click the ‘View’ link next to the pupil you wish to delete.
4. Click the button ‘Delete pupil and all assessments’.
5. You will receive a message to ask if you are sure. Click ‘OK’.
If you wish to delete your whole cohort (e.g. if you uploaded the wrong year group, or there are too many errors in your submission and you want to start again), please call the national curriculum assessments helpline on 0300 303 3013.
© Crown copyright 2016 This publication (not including logos) is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
To view this licence:
visit www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 email email@example.com write to Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London, TW9 4DU
About this publication:
enquiries www.education.gov.uk/contactus download www.gov.uk/government/publications Electronic version product code: STA/16/7712/e ISBN: 978-1-78644-257-4